Plenhyage XL is an injectable skin treatment which is designed to help tissue repair. It improves skin quality, thickness, hydration, and promotes new collagen formation.
This polymerised, polynucleotide-based injectable gel works by stimulating fibroblasts, encouraging cell turnover, improving elasticity, boosting collagen production and hydrating the skin.
It is a highly versatile product which has a host of potential applications, including treatment for acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and rosacea as well as the signs of ageing.
In addition to treatments for the upper, mid and lower face, Plenhyage XL can also be used to treat the neck, décolletage, inner arms, thighs, and knees. It will also be particularly useful for difficult areas such as the neck and beneath the eyes.
Before and After
Research and clinical evidence
Research studies have shown the following effects:
- 115% increase in skin hydration
- Over 50% increase in skin thickness
- 47% increase in collagen production
- 38% increase in skin elasticity
- Reduction in inflammatory redness and improvement in rosacea and acne
- Improvement in acne scarring
- Reduction in pigmentation resulting from sun exposure
Plenhyage XL – Medium & Strong
Plenhyage XL is available in two doses.
- 20mg per ml
- Recommended to treat less severe aging and skin concerns
- Suitable for use on dark circles
- 25mg per ml
- Recommended for deeper wrinkles and creases
- Suitable for treatment of acne scars
- Recommended where treating body areas e.g. hands, knees
FAQs – Plenhyage
Is Plenhyage a dermal filler?
No, dermal fillers simply add volume to the skin.
Plenhyage XL is different, in that it stimulates regeneration. We call it one of our ‘injections for skin quality’ as it also adds hydration for improvement to the texture and appearance of the skin.
Is Plenhyage a skin booster?
The key ingredients in skin boosters are usually hyaluronic acid and amino acids. These work to add volume, hydration and a filling effect. However, they do not have a regeneration action and therefore results are limited to a few months.
With Plenhyage XL, the active ingredient is purified PDRN. This works to boost fibroblast production, induces tissue repair processes, reduces inflammatory process, regulates melanogenesis, promotes hydration, promote myofibroblasts.
It won’t give you the ‘instant volume’ that dermal fillers create, but it WILL give you a natural result through regeneration of the actual tissues.
What is the science behing Plenhyage?
- Polynucleotide chain attracts water molecules
- Has an anti-free radical action, acting as a scavenger of OH hydroxyl radicals which tend to accumulate as a result of stress, cell damage, and external agents such as UV rays
- The moisturizing action and anti-free radical activity help to create an optimal environment for the growth of fibroblasts
- Helps to restore tissue elasticity
WHat is regenerative medicine?
Regenerative medicine is the application of treatments developed to replace tissues damaged by injury or disease.
These treatments may involve the use of biochemical techniques to induce tissue regeneration directly at the site of damage.
Is the treatment cruelty free?
The gel contains small fragments of DNA derived from salmon. It is cruelty-free.
When will I see results?
Your skin quality will improve gradually as the tissues regenerate. You’ll definitely notice the difference after 2-4 weeks, but things will continue to improve as this is a regenerative treatment. Full results can be expected about 3 months after treatment.
How long does it last?
For best results, we’d recommend repeating treatment every 6-9 months. Regular treatments are recommended to keep your skin in fabulous condition.
How long does treatment take?
The treatment itself takes around 30 minutes. However, we may allow longer for full consultation, especially if it’s your first visit to our clinic.
Does it hurt?
The treatment itself takes around 30 minutes. However, we may allow longer for Treatment is generally pain-free, but we can use a numbing cream if required.